30 December 2011

Five Minute Friday: Open

I feel like I am a little out of practice with the Christmas break.  Bear with me, ok?


    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most important: visit, comment, encourage the person before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Open…

GO:

This is take two.  I tried and failed to write on OPEN a little while ago.  I didn't know what to say.  Open is not the most natural thing for me.  I tend to brood.  Sometimes people even ask me what's wrong.  But nothing is wrong.  I get lost in myself, and all others can see is an expression on my face that they can't quite grasp, so they misinterpret it as something being wrong.

Open.

Open hearts.  Open doors.  Open lives.  It's is as simple as a cup of coffee with a friend.




But I don't want to burden someone else with my stuff.  No one needs it.

Wrong again.  Here is the truth:  my openness is an opportunity for those who love me to connect with me, to lift me up.  

Openness creates community.  Community is defined by openness.  My introverted nature shies away from being open.  I like privacy.

But I need community.  Being open is how I receive that gift.

STOP.

Thank you for joining me today.  Will you take the chance, open yourself, share your heart, and allow others to read what you have to say?





No comments:

Post a Comment