28 December 2011

Challenge Wednesday #14

Guest post from Jen @ A Drop in the Bucket:



Ah,  deep breath.  Christmas is over.  What a great time we had with our family in Minnesota.  One of my favorite moments was when my niece opened her gift from "the J's".


Last week, Tracey asked me to  "tell us what you made, how it went, and how much awesome fun you had giving a gift you made with your own hands."


So, what did I make?  Well...here is the "pin" that I used as my inspiration: 











It's a perpetual calendar has the dates stamped on each notecard, and the recipient can write what they would like for that date each year.  For example, if there was anything that they were excited about on January 1 of 2012, they could write that on the note card.  Then, on January 1 of 2013 they can look back and remember what they were doing a year before! Fun, right? 


I made a few changes to the supplies {pretty basic changes as this is the beginning of my homemade gift giving} but I think it still turned out pretty neat.  


The supplies: 




Fruit berry baskets, notecards, twine and postcards.  Instead of vintage postcards (as the original project called for) I used postcards from the Netherlands and Scotland, since those would have special meaning (since we have lived in both places).  You can click on the links for the Etsy shop where I found the baskets and twine.  


The finished project: 






The recipient & her excitement while opening: 




My niece, E, is still determining specifically what she is going to write for each day, but 
I have to say, this was one of the gifts I was most excited to give.  I knew it would be perfect for her...and I was right, she loved it!


Inspires me to learn how to sew so I can make more gifts next year.  Because, that must be the next step in homemade gifts, right? 


Now, the ball is back in my court to ask Tracey a question...so, tell me about your new year's resolutions lady!  

No comments:

Post a Comment