25 November 2011

Five Minute Friday: Grateful



    Just another Friday for me here in NL, but I'm sure most of you are still recovering from your Thanksgiving celebrations.  What better way to continue the party by linking up with 
    Here are the rules:

    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
Today's topic?  Grateful, of course.

Ready?

GO:
For the sleepless nights that I couldn't wait to end but now I realize it was a chance for uninterrupted cuddles.

For the days spent wishing you would come home but now I realize it was an opportunity for reunions.

For the unexplained kisses and hugs and I Love You, mama.




For the holidays that come and go because it's just another day here but now I realize we won't always be able to live abroad.

For the work that finds me wherever I go because now I realize God put me in a career field that is always needed, everywhere, before I knew I would live all over the world.

For precious babies that were lost back when we thought we were ready for children but now I realize God was preparing us for something better.

For the church ohana that we magically find no matter where we live but now I realize it was never magic at all.

For the way we seem to be on the same page more and more every day, but now I realize it's because we committed our lives to each other forever that we make the effort to see each other's view.

For all of this and immeasurably more, I am forever and always [grateful].

STOP.

Won't you join in with us and write down your gratefulness?  And then share it with us so we too can be inspired?  







No comments:

Post a Comment