30 October 2011

Day 30: More Information Please

Ok, so we are almost finished with 31 days to Home Made.  But there is so much more that can be done!  Where do I go?  What do I do?

I hear you.  I hear you.

Fortunately for you I found this amazing book,


It is just as the title implies: creating ways to grow and make food with little to no land.  It is obvious from reading this book that everyone has the power to make some sort of change, that you don't need acres and acres to make these changes, and that the benefits of even the smallest step is worth the effort involved.

This book covers everything from starting a container garden to grinding your own grains to milking goats and making cheese.  It has great recipes for things like crackers, salads, and pancakes, and it covers some basic information for those of us who really want to have sustainable lives but have no idea how to do it.  

Although I don't think we'll be raising chickens or slaughtering rabbits in our rental house in the Netherlands, I've already learned some great information about different types of grains, gardening, and seasonal cooking.  This book will carry us through to the next stage of our lives, the stage where we hope to have a little land of our own to do with as we please.

I'm going to start tomorrow with home made breakfast cereal, and I plan to use the upcoming winter months to more thoroughly plan my spring and summer container garden.

In the meantime, you all can check out the other ideas and give them a try.  Let me know how it goes, especially the part where you keep your own bees and chickens.  I'm jealous already.

If this is your first visit, welcome!  Be sure to check out my other 31 Days to Home Made posts, by either clicking here or on the button at the top of this screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment