21 October 2011

Day 21: What's in it for Me?

Unfortunately I am sans photos for today's post, so I'll have to wing this one, or maybe grab a couple pinterest photos.  Did I mention that I am traveling the USA from the Netherlands right now?  In a new place every couple days?  With a 2 year old?  I'm surprised I've been able to keep up with this, to be honest.

But ok.  Back to today's post.  I've shared a lot of the home made things I do in my house, from recipes to cleaners to costumes.  I've talked about why I do it.  But sometimes it seems like a lot of work. 

So, what do I get out of doing all of this home made stuff? 

  • control over my nutrition

Source: None via Tracey on Pinterest

  • ability to customize something based on our unique situation

Source: None via Tracey on Pinterest


  • satisfaction that I don't have to rely on others to meet our needs

Source: None via Tracey on Pinterest

(don't ask why I chose to represent this point with chickens - I'm not sure myself)

  • peace of mind that I'm giving my very best to my children, and teaching them the same self-reliance



  • pocket change!

Source: None via Tracey on Pinterest


What's in it for you?  All of the above, and maybe some things I haven't considered.  Any of you on board and reaping rewards I haven't mentioned here?  Be sure to leave a comment...maybe together we can convert those who are still on the fence.

If this is your first visit, welcome!  Be sure to check out all of my other 31 Days to Home Made posts, by either clicking here or on the button at the top of this page.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the trip is going well! Yay for keeping up with these while you are there; I have to admit, I don't know if I could do that! :-)

    ReplyDelete