01 October 2011

Day 1: It's Here!

**Hi - this is the first post in my 31 days series.  If you are new, start here.  But be sure to click on the "31 Days to Home Made" page at the top of the blog to see all the posts, in order, all in one place.  Have Fun!**


October has arrived...here in NL we are enjoying the remnants of a comeback in the summer department, but as I sit next to our backyard campfire, I know fall is just around the corner.  Literally.  Like, probably starting tomorrow.  Which is why I'm sitting next to our backyard campfire, enjoying the pleasant evening.

Anyway, with October comes

which is a fantastically huge link party lasting for the entire month of October, hosted by The Nesting Place.  She, along with seven other equally fantastic bloggers, started this series last year, and are inviting everyone to join in this time around.

You can read more about the inspiration here, but the basic gist is that you pick a topic that you are passionate about and blog about it for 31 straight days.  I have chosen to blog about home made, well, everything, and I sincerely hope I am up to the challenge.

Let me start off this month by saying that choosing a home made life style does not mean living off the grid in Montana and wearing clothes circa Little House on the Prairie.  My family is still normal, relatively speaking.  We have just made a conscious decision to 

refrain from blindly following the crowd, just because it's the majority
avoid consumerist tendencies whenever possible
try our hardest to do more with less
keep our lives as simple as possible

This includes the things we buy, the food we eat, and the activities we enjoy.  I hope that if you are reading this blog you are interested in some of these same things, and that together we can inspire one another to more fulfilling and home made lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment