13 June 2011

FUNDAY MONDAY

My Favorite Things

About...

Summer

Fresh fruit
Corn on the cob
Bare Feet
Humidity (weird I know)
Long Days
Riding Bikes
Less cooking
Picnics
Sunsets
Warm rain
Vacation
Running

And my newest summer favorite:  harvesting our own food.

We've been eating some awfully good lettuce and spinach.  Tomatoes and peppers are on their way.

And we have no grass!  Here is the awfully (un)complicated process my kids helped me complete to grow these veggies:
1.  Pour soil in container
2.  Sprinkle in seeds
3.  Cover with one thin layer of soil
4.  Water and place in sun

The seeds started coming up in about 2 days.  Great (nearly) instant gratification for the kids, and peace of mind for me, living so close to all of the e-coli cases in Germany.

Why have I never done this before?


No comments:

Post a Comment