08 May 2011

SOAPBOX SUNDAY

On Mothers


I'm not one for sentiment.  I didn't pay much attention to the fact that it was Mother's Day.  Well, except that I sent something to my mother.  But my point is that I didn't dwell on the fact that it was Mother's Day for me as well.

Until I saw the absolute joy on the faces of my kids as they told me Happy Mother's Day and gave me their homemade gifts.  It was amazing.

I understood that Mother's Day is for me, but it's also for my kids.    They get such happiness from being able to do something special for me.  They love to show me that they love me.  And it's amazing to witness their utter delight when I make a huge deal of the construction paper flowers or clay necklace they made.  just.  for.  me.

To all you mothers out there, may you see they joy that your children receive from making you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment