05 July 2010

FUNDAY MONDAY

SERENITY NOW!

It may not sound fun to everyone, and I usually wouldn't describe it as "fun", but I would call it calming, de-stressing, and recharging.  No, not the dreaded "c" word, but the "o" word.  What is it?  

ORGANIZING

My husband knows that when I start organizing something, it's because I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed.  And he lets me be. Dare I say that you should try it too?  Maybe.  It might mean the difference between eating a healthy home cooked meal and throwing a frozen dinner on the table again.  It might mean having the time to play a game with your 6-year-old, instead of hunting desperately for his math homework.

Maybe it's time for a baby step.  Here's a few to get you started:

1.  Throw away or recycle the junk mail.  Don't even open it if you don't have to.

2.  Sort through the artwork your child brought home at the end of the school year.  

3.  Put away the items on one horizontal surface (desk, counter, table).

4.  Plan your meals for the next week.  Make a list of ingredients you need, and get them all now.

5.  Go through the kids' clothing, passing on clothes that don't fit any more.

Imagine how good it will feel to see the fruits of your labors with one of these tasks.  Start small, and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I need this. I will start thinking baby steps. :)

    ReplyDelete